L ike many funeral homes, the funeral home in Canton many years ago was associated with the local furniture store. It was located on Main Street in Canton, in what is now the Canton Food Store. At that time it was operated by the Fleming family. In 1951 Gordon Spies bought the funeral home and moved it to the current location on the corner of Pine and Garfield. Mr. Spies also owned the Grand Theater, and during the late 1950's a local teen, Bob Haigler, worked at the theater. It was during this period that Bob became interested in the funeral service business. Harry Rector acquired the business in the late 1950's and owned it into the mid 1960's. After Mr. Rector's passing, Bob and Shirley Haigler purchased the funeral home in 1965 and operated it for 41 years. Current owners David and Kim Pierce moved to Canton in 2006.